What is Shepherd Gate?
Shepherd Gate Church is an evangelical, nondenominational church in the Protestant tradition with a charismatic emphasis.
1. Shepherd Gate Church is an evangelical church.
Evangelical churches may hold other beliefs, but these comprise the basic distinctions. Evangelical churches hold the following beliefs and convictions:
• There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• The Bible is the inspired word of God to all people.
• Jesus Christ, God’s son, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless and perfect life, died on the cross for the sins of mankind, was raised from the dead by the power of God, ascended into heaven, and lives eternally.
• Jesus Christ is the only Savior, and faith in Him is the only way of salvation for all people.
• God has entrusted the church with the task of proclaiming the good news of salvation, both locally and internationally, to all people in every place.
2. Shepherd Gate Church is a nondenominational church.
Throughout church history, various groups have organized themselves around common beliefs, purposes, or practices. These groups are called denominations.
Shepherd Gate Church does not belong to any of these established groups. We have chosen to not formally affiliate with any denomination, though we do fellowship and cooperate with other denominational churches. We are dedicated to the growth of the Kingdom of God through all local churches that honor Jesus Christ as Lord.Making Christ Known.
3. Shepherd Gate Church is a church in the Protestant tradition.
We recognize the significant foundation of the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Church; though we follow the course of the protestant reformers. They emphasized the ‘priesthood of all believers’ and with that, the right of the believer to read and interpret scripture and that each of us have but one mediator to God the Father, that being Jesus Christ His Son. In doctrine, government, and style of worship, we are Protestant.
4. Shepherd Gate Church is a church with a full gospel emphasis.
In the early church, as described in Acts chapter 2, Christians experienced the power of the Holy Spirit in signs, wonders and miracles.
We believe the Holy Spirit still works miraculously through spiritual gifts, and we experience those gifts today. But we also reject any notion of spiritual superiority related to spiritual gifts or that one’s salvation is tied to these gifts.
Shepherd Gate Church’s Sunday service is held at 10:00 am. All are welcome to join a time of worship, learning, and fellowship. We also hold other events and activities throughout the week.
“Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:7-10